Personalised for LOCAL students.
Local student means; you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.
Personalised for INTERNATIONAL students.
International student means; you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.


Melbourne Polytechnic can help you find permanent, short-term and emergency accommodation. Our friendly and professional student services team can assist with finding on-campus, off-campus or homestay arrangements that suit your needs while you study.

On-Campus Accommodation at Yarra House

Yarra House is a grand, historic building located on the grounds of Melbourne Polytechnic’s Fairfield campus. Operated by Campus Living Villages, it’s home to a number of students who live in Yarra House’s light-filled rooms while they study at Melbourne Polytechnic. There are a variety of options from a single room with shared facilities to an ensuite room, deluxe room and shared rooms. Yarra House also offers disability access rooms.

Homestay is a program available to international students. You’ll live with a local family or individual for a minimum of two months. It’s a great way to immerse yourself in day-to-day life in Australia while you study. Your homestay arrangements includes a bedroom, two meals a day and access to shared facilities in a private home.

Explore our Off-Campus Accommodation Database

You can access Melbourne Polytechnic’s off-campus accommodation database via the student portal. This great, free resource can help you find available accommodation close to your campus, or in areas with easy access to public transport. You’ll find a range of accommodation options in our regularly updated listings including houses, units, flats and self-contained bungalows.

Please note: the student services team at Melbourne Polytechnic do not inspect any of the housing offers, or interview landlords or agents. You must take care in assessing the premises and the housing arrangements yourself and ensure they are appropriate for you.

Create an Account

If you’re a current or future student looking for accommodation, simply create your online account and start searching for housing or advertising your share house today. If you’re a prospective accommodation provider, simply create your online account, upload your property details and start advertising.

For more advice contact Student Services on phone: 03 9269 1314 or email

Emergency Accommodation Service

Students in need of emergency accommodation should contact the Counselling Service at the appropriate campus, or phone the Student Services Department on 03 9269 1314

Other Accommodation Options

For alternative accommodation options, you can stay at a hostel in the CBD. Melbourne has a wide variety of hostel options including The Greenhouse Backpackers or Discovery Melbourne, which offer the option of private rooms or shared dormitory-style rooms.

Short Term Accommodation​