Personalised for LOCAL students.
Local student means; you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.
Personalised for INTERNATIONAL students.
International student means; you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen or a permanent humanitarian visa holder.

Fees for Local Higher Education Students

Fees for courses are published on each applicable course page. Students may be eligible to apply for FEE-HELP to cover tuition fees for Higher Education programs. Find out more about applying for FEE-HELP.

To be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan for a unit(s) of study you must be:

  • An Australian citizen; or
  • The holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be a resident in Australia for the duration of study; or
  • The holder of a permanent visa who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals and will be a resident in Australia for the duration of study; or
  • New Zealand Special Category Visa (NZ SCV) holder
    • who meets the specific NZ Special Category Visa residency requirements for HELP loans, and
    • must be resident in Australia for the duration of the units of study


At re-enrolment, to continue access to your FEE-HELP loan you must maintain a minimum 50% pass rate for your current study load.

Census Date

The census date is set at 20% of the duration of the unit of study.

It is important that you check the census date for each unit of study.

The census date is the last day you can submit your electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) to access a Commonwealth supported place or a HELP loan.

It is also the last day that you can withdraw your enrolment without incurring a FEE-HELP debt or request a refund for upfront payments.

Please see the Higher Education calendar to see census dates.

How to withdraw from your course or individual units of study

To avoid incurring a FEE-HELP debt it is important to withdraw on or before the census date. Should you wish to withdraw from the course or part of the course you must meet with the Head of Program or Course Administrator to officially request to be withdrawn and complete and sign a Withdrawal Form and an Application for a Refund Form. In order for your FEE-HELP debt to be cancelled, the withdrawal process must be completed prior to or on the census date.

Re-enrolling after course or unit of study withdrawal

Students who have previously withdrawn from a course or part of a course, will be required to authorise their re-enrolment in writing. This authority will be granted via the Addition to Enrolment Form at the time of re-enrolment.

Applying for re-credit of FEE-HELP debt under Higher Education Support Act (2003) Special Circumstances

You may only apply for a re-credit of a fee-help debt under Special Circumstances if you withdraw from your unit of study after the census date and you have not completed the unit of study requirements. You cannot apply for a re-credit for a unit of study that you have successfully completed. Applications must be submitted within 12 months from the date of the notice of withdrawal.

Under Special Circumstances an application for re-credit of a FEE-HELP debt is considered on the basis that:

  • Circumstances were beyond your control; and
  • Did not make their full impact until on, or after, the census date; and
  • Made it impracticable for you to complete the requirements for the subject in the period during which you undertook, or was to undertake, the unit of study.

Refer to instructions How to Apply for Re-credit of FEE Help Debt Under Special Circumstances

For more details please refer to the FEE-HELP website.