Empowering children with a safe learning environment
Melbourne Polytechnic is a child safe organisation. We are committed to providing a safe environment where children and young people feel empowered and where they can participate in a learning environment that supports their safety and wellbeing.
This is achieved by:
- Ensuring the safety of children and young people on-campus, in online learning environments, and facilitating the prevention of child abuse
- Respecting, encouraging and empowering children and young people
- Valuing diversity with a focus on inclusivity
- A zero-tolerance approach to child abuse, identifying risks early and adhering relevant legislation
- Having a clear policy and procedure for the identification and reporting of child abuse, and providing relevant training to all staff and students