Kezia came from Surabaya in Indonesia to study ELICOS and Information Technology at Melbourne Polytechnic
What do like most about Melbourne Polytechnic?
- International Office staff – always friendly and happy to help! Thanks Leo!
- Information Technology teaching and administration staff – very knowledgeable, professional and welcoming, happy to answer any of my questions.
- Services & facilities provided by Melbourne Polytechnic to International Students
- International Student Association. Melbourne Polytechnic is the only TAFE to have a an International Student Association, which provided me with the opportunity to join, meet lots of cool international students from around the world, get involved in on and off campus activities
- The Preston campus is close to the Preston market (awesome for fresh fruit/meat/lunch & the Prahran campus is very lose to Chapel St.(great clothes, bars, restaurants)
- Overall 5 star rating!
What tips do you have for new students about choosing where to study, what to consider when choosing which provider to study at, or considering coming to Melbourne Polytechnic?
Word of mouth, do your research, stick to a government provider if TAFE/VET in particular, speak to a reputable agent/partner – All of these points assisted me with choosing MP!
What are your future plans or goals? (Will you go onto further study and utilise the pathways is, or plan on using your Melbourne Polytechnic qualification?)
Would like to travel & rest for a while!
I’m back home now in Indonesia, but would love to return to Melbourne Polytechnic to further my education in the Bachelor of Information Technology with MP.
Would also love to assist help other Indonesians to learn about the awesome study opportunities Melbourne Polytechnic offers when required by MP here in Indonesia!
Why did you choose Melbourne Polytechnic?
- Courses on offer were great when initially looking for study
- Wanted to be in Melbourne, so MP fitted what I wanted
- The provider is a government provider (not private)
- Overall costs – fees are very competitive
- The agent was helpful & what was advised pre-arrival, came true (re – reputed TAFE provider, industry connections, work placement opportunity, good mix of student nationality)
Anything else you would like to mention about your experience at Melbourne Polytechnic or Australia that potential students may be interested in?
Overall, better services for international students if choosing VET-HE in Victoria
ELICOS, Diploma of IT and Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology