From classical buffets and high teas to inventive à la carte dining, St Georges features the fantastic dining in an elegant and relaxed atmosphere.
St Georges is the student training restaurant located at our Preston Campus. St Georges focuses on providing the opportunity for our students to showcase their skills under the supervision of Victoria’s leading professional trainers. The restaurant caters for up to 100 guests. Private functions are available on request.
Our fully licensed restaurant boasts a wide collection of local and international beer and wines, including wines from Melbourne Polytechnic’s very own vineyards.
From old-world classics to cutting-edge gastronomy, our affordable menus change seasonally to ensure the freshest produce.
This year is jam packed with beloved annual event dinners along with some brand new ones. Get in early. These dinners are sure to book out quickly.
- High Teas: One Friday a month, treat yourself with a decadent high tea luncheon provided by our talented patisserie students. $30 per person.
- Dates: Friday 8th March, 5th April, 17th May, 14th June, 9th August, 13th September, 11th October, 22nd November
- Master Chef Dinners: A Melbourne Polytechnic tradition. Working with some of Victoria’s best known chefs, our students will provide a dinner to remember. $80 per person. Get the menu here
- Date: Tuesday 19th March (Donovan Cooke –Ryne Restaurant)
- Regional Produce Dinner: Our students’ hard work will be showcased with the incredible food and wines of the Milawa and Beechworth Region. $70 per person – View the menu
- Date: Tuesday 21st May
- Xmas in July: This year Christmas is coming early to St Georges. Enjoy a traditional Christmas luncheon in the coldest month of the year with all your traditional favourites. $40 per person.
- Date: Wednesday 24th July, 12pm-1pm
- International Buffets: Take a trip around the world with our internationally themed buffets. Bring along the family to our sumptuous international buffet prepared by our Apprentices of 2019. $35 per person (food only).
- Date: Tuesday 20th – Friday 23rd August, Lunch and Dinner service
- Master Chef Dinner: Featuring Jarrod Di Blasi from Ezard.
Jarrod joined the EZARD team in 2012 as sous chef, after stints in a number of Melbourne institutions as well as abroad in Michelin-starred venues. After working closely with the team, growing acquainted with the core EZARD philosophies and Teage’s ‘Australian Freestyle’ methodology, Jarrod took over the reigns as Head Chef at the start of 2014. Jarrod is the recipient of the 2017 Good Food Guide’s highly coveted Young Chef of the Year award, and has appeared as a guest chef on MasterChef Australia. $80 per person.
- Date: Tuesday 10th September, 6:30pm
- Cocktail Nights: Our vibrant hospitality students will concoct fantastic cocktails and mocktails matched with hors d’oeuvres and tapas provided by our skilful culinary students. $20 per person (choose 3 of any cocktails available on the night).
- Date: Thursday 31st October, 6:00pm-8:30pm
- Annual Apprentice Dinner: A dinner not to be missed as our leading culinary teachers put together 6 courses of exceptional fare matched with exquisite wines. Funds raised from the dinner will support our Annual Apprentice paddock to plate tour. $75 per person.
- Date: Tuesday 15th October, 6:30pm
- Wine Appreciation Dinner: Showcasing leading wineries with a paired degustation dinner. $80 per person.
- Date: Thursday 28th November
Our menus are updated seasonally.
Children’s meals are available on request for $15 per head. They include a main and dessert.
Stay up to date with special events, menus and promotions. Sign up to our mailing list by e-mailing us at ua.ud1566231057e.cin1566231057hcety1566231057lopen1566231057ruobl1566231057em@se1566231057groeg1566231057ts1566231057 or calling us on 03 9269 1577.
A credit card number is required for all bookings larger than 16 people.
Bookings Essential. Click here to make a booking.
Monday – Friday
Arrival times between 12 – 1pm
3 course lunch ($25pp) or à la carte available.
Tuesday – Thursday
Arrival times between 6.30 – 7.30pm
3 course dinner ($30pp) available.
2019 Term Dates
Bookings and Enquiries
Fax: 03 9269 1448
Online Bookings: Click here to book online
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 18th July 2019