From classical buffets and high teas to inventive à la carte dining, St Georges features the fantastic dining in an elegant and relaxed atmosphere.
St Georges is the student training restaurant located at our Preston Campus. St Georges focuses on providing the opportunity for our students to showcase their skills under the supervision of Victoria’s leading professional trainers. The restaurant caters for up to 100 guests. Private functions are available on request.
Our fully licensed restaurant boasts a wide collection of local and international beer and wines, including wines from Melbourne Polytechnic’s very own vineyards.
From old-world classics to cutting-edge gastronomy, our affordable menus change seasonally to ensure the freshest produce.
This year is jam packed with beloved annual event dinners along with some brand new ones. Get in early. These dinners are sure to book out quickly.
- High Teas: One Friday a month, treat yourself with a decadent high tea luncheon provided by our talented patisserie students. $25
- Dates: Friday 27th July, 31st August, 19th October, 23rd November
- Wine Appreciation Dinner: Showcasing leading wineries with a paired degustation dinner. $85.
- Date: Wednesday 14th November
- Master Chef Dinners: A Melbourne Polytechnic tradition. Working with some of Victoria’s best known chefs, our students will provide a dinner to remember. $80. Get the menu here
- Date: Tuesday 14th September (Adrian Richardson Masterchef Dinner)
- Regional Produce Dinner: Our students will work hard to showcase the incredible food and wines of Victorian regions. $70
- Xmas in July: Celebrate Xmas in July, the coldest month of the year for a warm festive 3 course traditional lunch. $40
- Date: Wednesday 25th July
- Cocktail Nights: Our vibrant hospitality students will concoct fantastic cocktails and mocktails matched with hors d’oeuvres and tapas provided by our skilful culinary students. $15
- Date: Wednesday 31st October
- International Buffets: Take a trip around the world with our internationally themed buffets. Keep an eye on updates to see where our chefs are heading this year $35 per person (food only).
- Annual Apprentice Dinner: Working with six of our creative culinary teachers, our apprentices will serve up an incredible degustation dinner not to be missed. $75
- Date: Tuesday 16th October from 6:30pm
See our events calendar for more.
Our menus are updated seasonally.
Children’s meals are available on request for $15 per head. They include a main and dessert.
Stay up to date with special events, menus and promotions. Sign up to our mailing list by e-mailing us at ua.ud1540193318e.cin1540193318hcety1540193318lopen1540193318ruobl1540193318em@se1540193318groeg1540193318ts1540193318 or calling us on 03 9269 1577.
A credit card number is required for all bookings larger than 16 people.
Monday – Friday
Arrival times between 12 – 1pm
3 course lunch ($25pp) or à la carte available.
Tuesday – Thursday
Arrival times between 6.30 – 7.30pm
3 course dinner ($30pp) available.
2018 Term Dates
Bookings and Enquiries
Fax: 03 9269 1448
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 25th September 2018