A purpose-built hub delivering TAFE and secondary school programs at our Heidelberg campus.
The centre provides state-of-the-art facilities and teaching programs to students enrolled in industry-specific Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) streams such as building and construction trades, community programs, hospitality, multimedia, music and animal studies as well as general VCAL Foundation, Intermediate and Senior programs.
In addition to VCAL, the TEC will deliver pre-apprenticeships or pre-vocational courses in specific industries including bricklaying, cabinet making, carpentry, painting, furniture, plumbing and shop fitting.
Beyond the delivery of vocational training, it is planned that the TEC will also provide:
- Professional development programs for those involved in vocational education
- Services to local schools including expos, teacher mentoring and training partnerships
- Partnerships with enterprise including Melbourne Polytechnic owned enterprises and local industry
- General employability skills training
- Assistance with finding work experience placements with employers, negotiating apprenticeships, and accessing career information and advice.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 7th May 2015