Melbourne is the world's most livable city – a vibrant multicultural city, and home to more than four million people.
In 2016, Melbourne was named the world's most liveable city for the sixth year in a row on the basis of its low crime rates, world-class healthcare and leading education institutions. (Economist Intelligence Unit's liveability survey of 140 cities).
Melbourne’s attractions include:
- Over 4000 restaurants
- A vibrant theatre and arts community
- A thriving live-music and nightclub scene
- World renowned coffee culture
- Host to many music and cultural festivals
- Hosts the Australian Grand Prix, the Melbourne Cup and the Australian Open
- Home of Australian Rules football
- Home to A-League soccer teams, Melbourne Victory and Melbourne Heart
You won't want to miss these Melbourne attractions:
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
- Melbourne Museum
- National Gallery of Victoria
- Australian Centre for the Moving Image
- Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Melbourne Zoo
- The Queen Victoria Market
- Old Melbourne Gaol
- The Shrine of Remembrance
Melbourne is proud to host many international festivals including:
- Melbourne Fringe Festival
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival
- Melbourne International Film Festival
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival
- Melbourne Writers Festival
You can experience our natural wonders – from beautiful beaches and unique wildlife to pristine national parks and wild bushland.
Browse Visit Victoria for more information on what to see and do.
Melbourne enjoys hot summers, warm springs, mild autumns and crisp winters.
|Summer (Dec – Feb)||average range 14-25°C|
|Autumn (Mar – May)||average range 11-20°C|
|Winter (Jun – Aug)||average range 7-14°C|
|Spring (Sep – Nov)||average range 10-20°C|
Melbourne current weather forecast on Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology website
More Useful Information
- Australian Government – Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- World Time Clock
- Universal Currency Converter
- Live in Melbourne
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 20th October 2016