From 1 January 2019, the Victorian government’s Free TAFE for Priority Courses program will pay eligible students’ tuition fees for 48 non-apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship courses at Victorian TAFEs or universities that offer VET courses. This means you could save thousands of dollars in tuition fees.
Free TAFE for Priority Courses matches Melbourne Polytechnic’s drive to give students training with real-life experiences and real job outcomes.
The tuition-free priority courses could provide you better access to job security or the chance to be your own boss by starting your own business in your chosen trade.
The free TAFE priority courses are in growing service and trade industries, such as hospitality, engineering, community services and agriculture. Thirty-eight courses have already been announced with the final 10 priority courses to be revealed in July 2018.
You could become a vital part of Victoria’s growth and make a positive impact on the lives of your family, friends and community.
Your future starts here with all the information you need about Free TAFE for Priority Courses.
So far, Melbourne Polytechnic is offering the following tuition-free TAFE priority courses in 2019:
- Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215)
- Certificate II in Agriculture (AHC20116)
- Certificate III in Agriculture (AHC30116)
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43015)
- Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (CPC40110)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) (CPC50210)
- Certificate III in Community Services (CHC32015)
- Certificate IV in Community Services (CHC42015)
- Diploma of Community Services (CHC52015)
- Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing (CPC31411)
- Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115)
- Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213)
- Certificate III in Horticulture (AHC30716)
- Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30616)
- Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015)
- Certificate IV in Plumbing Services (CPC40912)
Apprenticeship pathway courses
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Pre-vocational) (22261VIC)
- Certificate II in Horticulture (AHC20416)
- Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-apprenticeship) (22304VIC)
You may be eligible for a free TAFE priority course if you’re under 20 years old or if you’re enrolling in a course at a higher level than you’ve completed before.
Please choose your course carefully because once you enrol in a tuition-free priority course, you will not be able to enrol in another tuition-free place, even if you didn’t finish your first tuition-free priority course.
If you’re unsure about applying for a free TAFE priority course, please contact Melbourne Polytechnic or visit one of our Skills and Jobs Centre at Northland, or Westfield Plenty Valley.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve tried to answer as many of your Frequently Asked Questions as possible. If you need to check your eligibility or enquire about a course, call us on 03 9269 8400.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 11th July 2018