Many of the deciding factors regarding course fees are determined by your course selection and individual circumstances at time of enrolment.
The following information is provided as a general guide only. Tuition fees are correct at time of publication and subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Individual course fees are listed under each course.
Melbourne Polytechnic’s VET course fees for Local Students is structured as follows:
The tuition fee is the cost involved in attending the course, which is determined upon whether you are:
Eligible for a Victorian Government subsidy. Get an indication of your eligibility through the Victorian Government website. Eligible students are entitled to two government subsidised course enrolments per year (see Interstate student eligibility information if applicable);
Ineligible for a Victorian Government subsidy. Ineligible student fees will be slightly higher as enrolment is not subsidised by the government;
- A concession card holder (applies to Certificate IV level and below only). Concession tuition fees apply to eligible students who hold a current and valid concession card at the time of enrolment. Find out more about Concession Cards
Set by the department and covers the cost of materials you will use and have access to during the course. The material fee varies, dependant upon your area of study. In some instances, a material fee does not apply.
Applies to all enrolments (excluding Asylum Seeker, RPL/RCC and Higher Education). Set by the Institute, the amenities fee will range between a minimum of $50 and maximum capped at $250 per year (or $175 per year for Concession Card holders), per student. The amenities fee varies, dependant upon your course’s scheduled contact hours (charged at $0.40 per scheduled contact hour) and includes a Workplace or Community locations fee of $50.00 (exclusive of scheduled contact hours).
Use the following formula as a guide (How do I know which fees apply?):
Applicable rate per hour (Eligible / Ineligible / Concession) x Course hours
Material fee (if applicable)
Amenities fee (if applicable) of $0.40 x Course hours (to minimum or maximum amount) + Workplace or Community locations fee of $50
Other fees (if applicable)
TOTAL COURSE FEE
How do I know which fees apply?
The short answer is, that there are simply too many individual variables that could have an effect on the final fee amount. As such, we need to factor in your unique circumstances before we can calculate the final fee for you.
The best way to determine your final course fee amount, is to:
- Contact one of our Education and Career Advisers on 03 9269 8400
- Make an appointment at your local Skills & Jobs Centre to discuss your individual circumstances and study options
- Attend an Information & Enrolment Session, where you can meet the teachers and have an opportunity to speak to one of our Education and Career Advisers on campus
Are you eligible?
If you are an Australian Citizen, holder of a permanent visa or a New Zealand Citizen and ANY of the criteria below apply to you, then you are eligible for a government funded place:
- you are under 20 on 1 January in the year in which your course commences
- you are seeking to enter an Apprenticeship course
- you are applying for a course at a higher level than the highest qualification you already hold
Interstate students enrolled in an online course at Melbourne Polytechnic are not eligible for a government funded place.
Note: this does not apply to Apprentices and Trainees who have different cross-border arrangements.
- Commonwealth Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card, or Veteran's Gold Card, or
- an alternative card or concession eligibility criterion approved by the Minister for the purposes of these Guidelines.
Note: Concessions provided also apply to a dependant spouse or dependant child of a card holder.
Melbourne Polytechnic provides a range of payment options to help you pay your tuition fees, so you can get on with your studies.
Melbourne Polytechnic accepts Cash, EFTPOS, Visa, Mastercard, and cheque.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 14th November 2017