School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SBAT) lets you combine part-time employment with training.
The SBAT programs are available to secondary school students over 15 years old, who are enrolled in a senior secondary program (VCE or VCAL), with at least one day per week timetabled to be spent on the job or in training during the normal school week.
The SBAT program must be:
- Undertaken under a training contract with an employer
- The training plan signed by the school
- Formally registered with Skills Victoria and leads to a nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II, III or IV level
Like VETiS programs, the vocational training components of SBATs contribute credit towards VCE or VCAL. Many school-based apprentices and trainees move on to a full-time contract with their employer after leaving school, while others choose to continue in education and training at a TAFE or university. For further information about the SBA please click here.
School based apprenticeships and traineeships can be completed in areas such as:
- Animal Equine and Vet Nursing
- Business and Finance
- Commercial Cookery, Patisserie and Retail Baking
- Engineering and Locksmithing
- Health and Community Services
- Horticulture, Sports Turf, Floristry and Landscape
- Jewellery Manufacture
- Shopfitting, Cabinet Making and Joinery
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 3rd January 2019