Part-time (22.8 hours per week)
Close to public transport
NMIT has the following vacancy for suitably qualified persons interested in joining a dynamic training organisation.
In 2014 NMIT will establish a presence in the Melbourne suburb of Prahran. This new campus will trade under the name Melbourne Polytechnic and will deliver both Vocational and Education and Training and Higher Education programs.
About the role
The primary objectives of the role are:
- Plan, develop, deliver and evaluate the teaching of Digital Media Technologies and Digital and Interactive Gaming.and other areas within the Performing Arts Department.
- Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery and record management meet compliance requirements
- A Degree, Diploma or Certificate relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to Digital Media Technologies and Digital and Interactive Gaming Industries. The TAE 40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent. A course of teacher training is preferred.
- Ability to teach in areas related to Digital Media Technologies and Digital and Interactive Gaming. Please list software you are able to teach and your experience.
- Well-developed skills in teaching including the ability to select and use a wide range of teaching and assessment strategies appropriate to a diverse student population and the competency standards required.
- A sound knowledge and high level of skills in the diverse areas within the Digital Media Technologies and Digital and Interactive Gaming areas.
For a full list of the key selection criteria please refer to the position description.
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.