Sessional teachers and resource writers are being sought after for the Department of Information Technology at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach in the Information Technology/ Cyber Security programs on a sessional basis at our Preston and Epping campuses:
Subject areas include:
• Cyber Security (including knowledge of cyber security standards, laws and regulations)
• Internet ofThings (loT)
• Networking (Cisco switching and routing)
• Data analytics and big data
• Cloud computing/ virtualisation
• Programming (C# and Python)
• Web design and development
• Project Management
• Systems Analysis and Design
• Computer Hardware
Commencing: Semester 2, 2018
Campus Locations: Preston and Epping
- Prepare, teach and assess units of competency to the standard required by the Department, School, the Australian Skills Quality Authority and other relevant governing bodies.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to the teaching activity, including the use of Moodie.
- In consultation with the Lead Teacher, Program Leader and other teaching staff to implement
- strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content
- Communicate regularly with the Program Leader and other staff within the department to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually
- maintaining electronic class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines;
- provide student's academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units
- taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A qualification relevant to the content area and to an academic level relevant to the teaching duties to be performed.
- Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and
- assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or TAE4016) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills
- (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- A sound knowledge of the relevant industry area.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti
- Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- A current Working With Children Check
Payment is at the rate of:
$65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
$67.57 per hour for Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training.
How to Apply:
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest to FrankTrcka@melbournepolytechnic.edu.au. For further details please call Frank Trcka on 03 9269 1477 or Joanna Jackson on 03 9269 1453.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.