Casual teaching roles are available in the Patisserie AND Bakery Programs at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach in the following area on a casual basis.
- Teach a range of subjects / units across the Certificate IV of Patisserie and or Certificate III in Baking
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or (TAE40110) including Design & Develop Assessment tools (TAEASS502) and address Adult language, literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) (TAELLN401A)
- Plan, develop, deliver and assess as a teacher of Patisserie programs and or Bakery programs.
- To assist the Manager, Program Leaders and co-teacher(s) in the establishment and maintenance of quality programs and systems to ensure a quality service is being provided at all levels of the department.
- To maintain excellence and relevance in the delivery of patisserie and or Bakery Programs programs and related services for students within the Department of Hospitality.
- Carry out administrative and other non-teaching programs and resources
- Deliver and assess as a teacher of hospitality within the Hospitality Department.
- Communicate regularly with the Senior Educator and other staff within the hospitality programs to establish a flexible team environment and consistency in resource and delivery strategies.
- Establish and maintain a learning environment that empowers and encourages students to take personal responsibility and is encouraging of them.
- Communicate and co-operate with colleagues in team teaching and other situations, including research of mentoring models.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of quality assurance processes in relation to program and course administration, design, delivery assessment and evaluation of training materials.
- Keeping informed of educational developments and related government policies that will affect program delivery in the area of Hospitality programs or particular specialist areas or programs.
- Staying abreast of current thinking and of developments in technology that impact on the particular areas of expertise.
- Work within the quality systems, (including the Australian Quality Training Framework), prepare lesson plans, develop work units, communicate and maintain records to a high standard as required.
- Maintain and assist in the accurate recording of information in learners’ portfolios
- Contact learners to discuss absence and to support their return to the classroom, wherever possible (timings of contact to be determined with line manager )
- Identify and implement continuous improvement strategies.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, progress and assessment in line with Melbourne Polytechnic and contractual requirements. This includes involvement in the selection and assessment of intending students, assessment and documentation of students’ progress within the program as required and the identification and introduction of strategies to assist students experiencing learning and/or settlement difficulties.
- Participate in classes and programs at times and days which best suit the learners’ needs, as negotiated with relevant program leadership
- Participate in staff meetings, ongoing curriculum development and other relevant professional development activities.
- Participate in validation and moderation sessions with other providers and/or industry.
- Use diverse and appropriate adult learning methods.
- Work within the framework of Melbourne Polytechnic’s policies, procedures and legislative/regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Institute Occupational Health and Safety requirements and Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement policies and guidelines
Payment is at the rate of:
- $68.52 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
- $71.22 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
- $74.02 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details please call Gary Paterson on 9269 1069.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.