Sessional teaching roles are available in the Certificate lll in Education Support Programs at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach on a casual basis.
- Develop, teach, deliver, assess and evaluate units in the Certificate III and Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC).
- Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery, assessment and record management meet compliance requirements.
- Teach and assess units in the Certificate III and Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Assist in managing the work placement component offered to the ECEC students.
- Develop teaching resources and assessments that meet training package requirements.
- Use diverse and appropriate adult learning methods.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance, progress and assessment.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement strategies.
- Work within the framework of Melbourne Polytechnic’s policies, procedures and legislative/regulatory requirements.
- Identify and participate in professional development relevant to teaching and the maintenance of vocational currency.
- Participate in staff meetings and other relevant activities.
- Embrace new technologies and innovations.
- Follows Quality Assurance procedures and participates in Quality Audits as appropriate.
Key Selection Criteria
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or (TAE40110) including Design & Develop Assessment tools (TAEASS502) and address Adult language, literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) (TAELLN401A)
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education
- The Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or Bachelor degree in adult education or equivalent course of teaching training is preferred.
- Demonstrated recency of practice working within the relevant industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Capacity to teach all units within the qualifications.
- Capacity to supervise students during work placement at early childcare centres
- Current and best practice knowledge of industry training requirements and industry training standards.
- Demonstrated capacity to carry out all administrative tasks associated with teaching.
- Capacity to contribute to the promotional, quality and strategic objectives of the teaching department and the Institute as a whole.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-discrimination, Quality Assurance and continuous improvement.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $72.27 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
- $75.12 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
- $78.08 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
Salary is based on the Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement 2018 and the appropriate qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- An expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience
- Email to email@example.com
- Job title and position number in the subject line of your email
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Melbourne Polytechnic promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.
Melbourne Polytechnic encourages Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ and from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job, with age being no barrier.