Position Number: 3025
Department: Agriculture & Animal Studies
Melbourne Polytechnic is a leading Australian education provider that delivers vocational training and degrees through innovative, practical programs designed to meet the challenges of the modern workplace. With industry-standard facilities at campuses and training centres across Melbourne, Melbourne Polytechnic fosters learning and engagement within its community so students and staff can develop and achieve their goals.
Melbourne Polytechnic has the following vacancy for a suitably qualified person interested in joining a dynamic training organisation
- Dynamic Work Environment
- Great Team Culture
About the Role
Melbourne Polytechnic is looking to employ casual teachers to work within a fun and dynamic team. Working within the Agriculture & Animal Studies department you will have the opportunity to work alongside like minded colleagues to shape the next generation of Conservation & Land Management students.
- Teach approved recurrent and industry programs including Certificate to Diploma of Conservation and Land Management program
- Liaise with other staff, industry personnel and employers
- Identify requirements for staff development and participating in staff development activities
- Assist in the development and delivery of Conservation and Land Management programs
- Participate in activities related to the delivery of programs, ie. Field trips
- Provide interim and annual reports of student results
- Selecting and assessment of intending students
- Implementing new technologies within the department
- Identify resource requirements
- Participate in ongoing curriculum development and assessment
- Respond to enquiries on courses and training
Key Selection Criteria:
- A Degree, Diploma or Certificate relevant in both content and academic level and industry experience relevant to the Land Conservation Industry.
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Ability to take a role in the effective operation and co-ordination of Land Conservation courses
- Ability to teach and facilitate delivery of specialist Land Conservation subjects and related courses to groups which may have a diverse range of abilities, backgrounds, and readiness.
- Ability to use a variety of teaching modes and materials including flexible and field based delivery. Excellent machinery operation skills essential
For a full list of duties and Key Selection Criteria please refer to the Position Description below.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $72.27 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
- $75.12 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
- $78.08 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
Salary is based on the Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement 2018 and the appropriate qualifications and experience.
How to apply
For further details please call Sharon Walking: 9269 8838.
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- An expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience
- Email to email@example.com
- Job title and position number in the subject line of your email
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Melbourne Polytechnic promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.
Melbourne Polytechnic encourages Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ and from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job, with age being no barrier.