We are seeking expressions of interest from a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to teach on a casual basis in the area of Trades.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Plan, develop and evaluate teaching programs and resources, maintain appropriate records and teach students within Carpentry Programs as timetabled.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- A Degree, Diploma or Trade Certificate relevant in both content and academic level to Certificate III Carpentry.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A) . A Degree or course of teacher training is preferred.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in Carpentry.
- A sound knowledge of related trades and industries.
Please note a Working With Children Check (Employee) will be required for this position.
For a full list of Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $72.27 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
$75.12 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
$78.08 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
Salary is based on the Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement 2018 and the appropriate qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: email@example.com
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- An expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience
- Include the job title and position number in the subject line of your email
For further details please call the People and Culture Department on 9269 1266.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Melbourne Polytechnic promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.
Melbourne Polytechnic encourages Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ and from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job, with age being no barrier.