Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking suitable applicants to teach within a range of areas with its Professional Practice Department. We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach in the following areas:
- Building Surveying
- Building and Construction
Appropriate training may be provided to successful applicants.
- Plan and conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful delivery of courses in the Professional Practice Department.
- Communicate regularly with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other staff within the Professional Practice programs to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Lead Teachers, Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students' academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Industry currency relevant to the Building Surveying or Building and Construction industry.
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
- A sound knowledge of the relevant industry area.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
- A current Working With Children check.
- $72.27 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
$75.12 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
$78.08 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
Salary is based on the Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement 2018 and the appropriate qualifications and experience.
How to apply
For further details please call Stan Irvine: 9269 8357.
Applications must include a cover letter and address the Key Selection Criteria on the position description
Position description and other relevant documentation can be found below.
Please ensure the following:
- Your application is to be attached as one single document (Word or PDF)
- Applications are saved as follows: "First Name, Surname, Position Number", e.g. "John Smith, 1234"
- Include the job title and position number in the subject line of your email (only applications with position numbers will be considered)
- Email to email@example.com
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Melbourne Polytechnic promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.