Re-advertised: Previous applicants need not apply
Sesssional teaching roles are available in the Teacher Mental Health Programs at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach in the following area on a casual basis.
Your primary objectives will be to:
- Develop, teach, deliver, assess and evaluate units in the Mental Health programs including Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) programs.
- Ensure all aspects of program development, delivery, assessment and record management meet compliance requirements.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- A relevant qualification in Mental Health, AOD, Social Work, Psychology, Nursing (Mental Health), Counselling or similar together with:
- (a) a demonstrated understanding of adult learning principles
- (b) a demonstrated high standard of teaching practice
- (c) a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A). A Masters degree in the above fields are highly welcomed.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience working within the relevant industry.
Please note a Working With Children Check will be required for this position.
For a full list of Key Selection Criteria please refer to the position description.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $72.27 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
$75.12 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
$78.08 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
Salary is based on the Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement 2018 and the appropriate qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to: email@example.com
Your application must include the following:
- Current resume
- An expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience
- Include the job title and position number in the subject line of your email
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Melbourne Polytechnic promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people.
Melbourne Polytechnic encourages Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ and from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job, with age being no barrier.