Melbourne Polytechnic requires a sessional (casual) teacher to deliver Literacy and/or Numeracy units of the Certificate I in General Education for Adults (Introductory) as part of the DFATS program.
DFATS (Disability Forensic Assessment Treatment Service) in a secure site located next to our Fairfield Campus.
Our General Education literacy and numeracy program is delivered across the timetable from Monday – Thursday from 9.30am – 2.30pm.
Qualifications and experience required to undertake this casual sessional teacher role are:
- Bachelor of Education or Bachelor qualification with a Diploma of Education
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40110) including Design and Develop Assessment Tools (TAEASS502) and Address Adult language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills (TAELLN411) or (TAELLN401A).
- A Working with Children Check or VIT Registration
- Capacity to plan and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching tasks
Payment is at the rate of:
- $68.52 per hour for Casual Teaching -Certificate IV qualified
- $71.22 per hour for Casual Teaching-Diploma or equivalent (AQF5) teacher training qualified.
- $74.02 per hour for Casual Teaching-AQF6 teacher training qualified
For further details please call Tracy Pearman on 03 9269 8667 or send your expression of interest and a CV to TracyPearman@melbournepolytechnic.edu.au
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.