Department: Health and Education
Position number: 2452
Melbourne Polytechnic is seeking to appoint Sessional Lecturers within the Bachelor of Education, Early Years, to deliver high quality teaching and learning experiences in early childhood and primary pre-service teacher education.
Your primary objective will be:
- Teach into the Bachelor of Education, Early Years at Melbourne Polytechnic at the Preston Campus
- Collaborate with all education staff to support and maintain a high-quality student learning experience.
- Plan and conduct engaging high quality workshops (in line with agreed course outcomes) to ensure the successful delivery of courses across early childhood and primary curriculum areas.
- Communicate regularly with the Course Coordinator and other staff within the department to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- Assist in maintaining positive student wellbeing and overall satisfaction within the course.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning, providing effective written feedback on assessment tasks in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Licenses and Experience
- A postgraduate qualification in Education
- Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level of curriculum being presented to students – Early Childhood or Primary.
- Teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs. Tertiary teaching experience preferred.
- A current Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
Is dependent upon qualifications and will be in line with relevant industry awards.
Please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to:
Course Coordinator, Bachelor of Education, Early Years