Full - Time (38 hours per week)
Great working environment
About the role
NMIT is seeking to appoint an innovative, qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Lecturer: Bachelor of Music Industry. You will be a hardworking and enthusiastic professional with excellent subject knowledge.
- In the first instance, manage all aspects of the implementation and delivery of the Bachelor of Music Industry, teach in the program and assure the quality of the program.
- Provide a significant degree of leadership in scholarly, applied research and professional activities relevant to the profession, discipline and community.
- A Doctoral level qualification in music industry or demonstrated substantial progress towards a PhD or professional doctorate. Candidates who are not doctorally qualified must demonstrate equivalence according to NMIT policy (refer to document at the end of this position description).
- Extensive demonstrated professional and industry based experience in the music industry field of songwriting and sound production or related fields; evidence of productive outcomes from industry or professional partnerships will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated higher education teaching experience including experience in subject coordination curriculum design, delivery and evaluation, and the development of learning resources for innovative flexible learning.
- Evidence of significant leadership of academic teams and to work effectively in a team.
Lecturer Level C with a salary range of $97,307 - $112,200 per annum. Commencing salary will be negotiated according to qualifications and experience.
Superannuation is additional and NMIT is able to contribute to UniSuper.
Note that service with publicly funded Australian Universities is recognised for long service and sick leave purposes
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Applicants must address the key selection criteria contained within the position description. You will not be shortlisted if you fail to address the key selection criteria in your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a copy of the Position Description below. Read the Position Description carefully before beginning your application.
Download the Application Form fill in the required fields including the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description and save the completed form on your desktop.
Forward the completed Application Form together with a copy of your current Resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include the job title and the job reference number in your covering email.