Casual Teachers – Locksmithing
Poistion Number: S156
Casual teaching roles are available in Locksmithing at NMIT. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach in the following areas on a casual basis.
• Certificate II in Engineering - Locksmithing
• Certificate III in Locksmithing
• Diploma of Engineering Technology – Security Engineering
• Plan & conduct lessons (in line with agreed delivery plans and Training Package requirements) to ensure the successful delivery of courses in the Mechanical Manufacturing Department.
• Communicate regularly with the Program Coordinator and other staff within the Mechanical Manufacturing programs to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
• In consultation with the Program Coordinator and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
• Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
• Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the institute quality guidelines; provide students academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity
Qualifications and experience required to undertake a casual teaching role
1. A Degree, Diploma or Certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to be performed. Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught.
2. Well developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards.
3. A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
4. A sound knowledge of the relevant industry area
5. Capacity to plan. Schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
6. Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti- Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement.
7. A Working with Childrens Check
Payment is at the rate of:
$61.88 per hour for Casual Teaching - Certificate IV qualified
$64.31 per hour Casual Teaching - Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
To be eligible to apply you must either:
a) be an Australian Citizen or
b) provide evidence which substantiates your entitlement to work in Australia
Please send a CV and expression of interest statement outlining your skills and experience to