Sessional teaching roles are available within the School of Health and Education at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach on a sessional basis.
- Teach and assess units in the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Communicate regularly with the Program Leaders and other staff within the school to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students' academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Sessional Teaching Role
- A certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to de performed
- Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards
- TAE50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or it's successor and the TAE40110Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or its successor) are essential.
- TAEDEL501 Facilitate e-Learning, TAEDEl30 Provide work skill instruction and BSBCMM401 make a presentation will be required before or by allocated training date.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
- A current Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
- There are opportunities to train on campus, workplace and offshore (Asia).
- Please indicate which of these you would like in your cover letter.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
- $67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
To apply please send a CV and a cover letter detailing your industry and teaching experience, qualifications and particular areas of expertise.
Please send your expression of interest and a CV to ua.ud1521545996e.cin1521545996hcety1521545996lopen1521545996ruobl1521545996em@na1521545996nuoYa1521545996nomaR1521545996
For further details please call Ramona Younan on 9269 1621.