Sessional teaching roles are available within the School of Health and Education at Melbourne Polytechnic. We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to teach on a sessional basis.
- Teach and assess units in the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Communicate regularly with the Program Leaders and other staff within the school to establish a team environment and consistency in resourcing and delivery strategies.
- In consultation with the Program Leaders and other teaching staff implement strategies to support and retain students who are experiencing difficulties with course content.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and evaluating student learning programs and associated teaching materials relevant to teaching activity.
- Contribute to the administration of the department and teaching programs by: continually maintaining class attendance rolls in compliance with the Institute quality guidelines; provide students' academic results in a timely manner; identify resource requirements for units being taught and participate in ongoing preparation and correction relevant to the teaching activity.
Qualifications and Experience required to undertake a Sessional Teaching Role
- A certificate relevant in content and academic level to the teaching duties to de performed
- Industry experience relevant to the content area and academic level being taught
- Well-developed teaching skills, including the ability to select and use a range of teaching and assessment strategies as determined by student needs and competency standards
- TAE50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or it's successor and the TAE40110Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or its successor) are essential.
- TAEDEL501 Facilitate e-Learning, TAEDEl30 Provide work skill instruction and BSBCMM401 make a presentation will be required before or by allocated training date.
- Capacity to plan, schedule and meet agreed deadlines in the completion of teaching duties
- A current Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commitment to Occupational Health and Safety, Anti-Discrimination, Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
- There are opportunities to train on campus, workplace and offshore (Asia).
- Please indicate which of these you would like in your cover letter.
Payment is at the rate of:
- $65.01 per hour for Casual Teaching – Certificate IV qualified
- $67.57 per hour Casual Teaching – Diploma of VET Practice or equivalent teacher training
To apply please send a CV and a cover letter detailing your industry and teaching experience, qualifications and particular areas of expertise.
Please send your expression of interest and a CV to ua.ud1529817449e.cin1529817449hcety1529817449lopen1529817449ruobl1529817449em@na1529817449nuoYa1529817449nomaR1529817449
For further details please call Ramona Younan on 9269 1621.
Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.
Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for positions with Melbourne Polytechnic.