Melbourne Polytechnic’s Academic Board (AB) advises Melbourne Polytechnic’s Corporate Board (MPB) on the implementation of strategic direction and policy in matters of curriculum and learning and teaching, quality assurance of education and training programs, course development and review, academic staff development, applied research and educational partnerships, scholarships and standards, and the student experience.
The AB is delegated by the MPB to approve academic policies and procedures, academic governance arrangements, course proposals and revisions, pathways and articulations arrangement, selection and admissions processes, and the granting of awards.
The Academic Board also oversees, monitors and reports on the quality and standards of all educational activities, including program design and delivery, professional practice, academic policy development and review, regulatory compliance, trends and influences in the Polytechnic’s external environment.
The membership comprises the senior educational and associated service managers, external members with Higher Education and Vocational Education expertise, and student representation.
Academic Board Members
- Professor Mark O’Rourke – Chair, Academic Board – Director, Centre for Learning and Teaching
- Frances Coppolillo – Deputy CEO
- Dr Karina Davis – Director, College of Humanities and the Arts
- Diane Lewis – Head, Learning and Teaching
- Pauline Thambu – Head, Educational Quality
- Marin Radobuljac – Academic Registrar
- Cathy Frazer – Director, Student Experience
- Associate Professor Angela Carbone – Monash University (External Academic/Industry member)
- Dr Greg Moore – The University of Melbourne (External Academic/Industry member)
- Dr Anne Rouse – Psychologist and Education Consultant (External Academic/Industry member)
- Kamaree Berry – Head, School of Health, Education and Wellness
- Lindee Conway – Head, School of Foundation and Preparatory Studies
- Dr Julian Hill – Head, School of Food, Plant and Animal Industries
- Basil Papageorge – Head, School of Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Dr Sashigaran Sivasathan – Head, School of Engineering, Design and Construction
- Tim Weir – Head, School of Creative Arts
- Vacant – elected student members (x 2)
Academic Governance Structure
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 16th September 2016