Hospitality, Conference Centre, Restaurant and Cafe
Melbourne Polytechnic's Hospitality, Conference Centre, Restaurant and Cafe department runs Australia's most extensive range of courses in commercial cookery, bakery hospitality, tourism, travel and events.
Hospitality and Tourism training in partnership with industry.
Our training involves active participation in major events and projects with industry bodies and associations to provide students with industry based learning experiences. The department participates in major events such as the Spring Racing Carnival, Melbourne Food and Wine Show, Oxfam trail-walker, Good Food and Wine and the Melbourne International Flower and Garden show.
Learn in purpose-built training centres
Our world class facilities are purpose-built to offer sophisticated training environments and are equipped with the latest industry technologies including:
- 6 commercially equipped kitchens ranging from unit to demonstration kitchens
- a fully functional production kitchen
- a dedicated Patisserie kitchen
- a bakery for bread making
- two food and beverage outlets; Award winning St Georges, an 80 seat dining restaurant at Preston; and Level 3 Bistro, a 40 seat bistro at Collingwood
- micros point of sale system
- training bar with cellar operations and coffee training facilities
- student operated produce shop
- hotel training room, including full housekeeping training facility
- the latest hotel reservations software – OPERA
- galileo – tourism reservation system
- multimedia labs
- access to a fully operational winery
- change-rooms and lockers
- wifi access on all campuses
Experienced teaching staff to guide you
Our Hospitality, Conference Centre, Restaurant and Cafe department teachers are experienced and current practitioners from all sectors of the hospitality and tourism industries, holding a range of academic and industry qualifications and have well established industry networks.
Additionally, our strong industry partners contribute their knowledge and expertise, enable our involvement in hospitality industry events and provide access to the wider Victorian hospitality industry.
For information about our courses:
Contact a Melbourne Polytechnic Education and Careers Advisor (ECA), on 03 9269 8400, or by email
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 3rd March 2017