In 1951 Preston Technical School was the biggest technical school in Victoria,with an enrolment of 893 boys, not including additional evening students. C.H. Beanland retires as Principal of Preston Technical School at the end of the year.
1952: W. J. Baker commences as Principal of Preston Technical School.
1954: the Gowerville unit in Bell Street, which was taking up the overflow from St Georges Road, includes 45 girls.
1956: With space at a premium, the Preston Girls Technical School moves into temporary quarters at the Helen Street Primary School, Northcote.
1958: Preston Girls Technical School permanently established in Cramer Street with 500 female technical school students. Diploma courses (first year) start at Preston Technical School.
1959: Junior Boys section of Preston Technical School erected in Jessie Street to ease the burden on the St Georges Road site and also results in the Gowerville (Bell St) unit being vacated. The Girls School is officially opened.