Studying a trade at Melbourne Polytechnic will provide you with real-life experience and give you the tools you need for a career in this fast growing industry.
Melbourne Polytechnic Construction department courses are known for their high quality training, industry experienced teachers, flexible delivery and ability to connect students to the building and construction industry. We have state of the art facilities at both our Heidelberg and Epping Campuses.
At Melbourne Polytechnic, we offer a range of trades within the building and construction industry:
- Wall and Floor Tiling
- Wall and Ceiling Lining (Plastering)
- Painting and Decorating
Courses range from pre-apprenticeships, apprenticeships and non-apprenticeships with pathways to further study. We can also enrol you in individual units to enhance your skills in the workplace, upgrading your knowledge within the building and construction industry.
Seven reasons why you should study trades with us
- state-of-the art facilities for all trades
- long-time presence within the industry, with strong links to associations, employers and suppliers
- state and nationally recognised courses on offer
- dedicated industry experienced teachers who will guide and mentor you through your course
- flexible delivery to suit your work-life situation
- specialist support programs run by members of the community are provided to enable you to get the most out of your trade, and prepare for life on the job.
- ability to give you additional training on units not included in your current studies to enhance your skills, knowledge and employability
We want to give you the best chance at succeeding in your chosen trade which is why we have made sure that we can provide you the facilities and assistance you need to achieve your goals:
- each trade can provide you with specialist skill bays and simulated work environments, giving you the chance to experience life out on the job
- all facilities have large open plan flexible work spaces, enabling life size projects to be completed during your course
- we can provide flexibility within your training to ensure that you can still continue with your current work-life situation
- our courses have the capacity to build individual course requirements to suit industry needs and to assist with the development of your enterprise
- we can provide Recognition of Prior Learning, and Gap Training in all trades as we have experienced assessors in each area
The degree courses offered at Melbourne Polytechnic through Sustainable Design and Construction are:
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil)
- Associate Degree of Engineering Technology (Civil)
Melbourne Polytechnic's Sustainable Design and Construction department has the advantage of drawing on experience and knowledge from the Building and Construction faculty. Melbourne Polytechnic has a long-standing relationship with industry and its associations and has an exceptional reputation as a leader in building and construction training.
Students who have successfully completed the first two years of the Bachelor degree may choose to exit with the Associate Degree of Engineering Technology (Civil) qualification.