Yarra Bend Press gives you industry insights into a publishing house through the delivery of commercial outcomes.
Yarra Bend Press is currently addressing the problem of less work experience opportunities within the publishing sector – as such, it aims to involve you in projects and facilitate industry consultations through workshops, functions and seminars.
Located on our Fairfield campus, the press gives you hands-on experience in producing commercial quality publications that will help you to gain employment in this competitive field. Join the conversation on our Facebook page. Yarra Bend Press is a proud member of the Small Press Network.
Yarra Bend Press student-based activities:
- Work flow management and the coordination of all aspects of production related activities
- Acquisition and maintenance of commercial publishing opportunities from the tertiary, public and private sectors
- Selection and liaison with suppliers
- Maintenance of financial and business records associated with studio activities
- Liaison with clients, suppliers and industry representatives
- Development of an online presence
- The planning, development and production of a range of print and digitally-based publishing projects
- Estimation, print production, process and control
- Researching, cataloguing, ordering and recording ISBN, CiP, and copyright issues
Yarra Bend Press also instructs students on issues such as dealing with authors, editing practices, design principles, typesetting, digital versus traditional printing, book structure, rights and responsibilities, legal, press releases, advertising and promotion, blogging; networking and distribution.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 11th October 2016