Food is a necessity of life, and people with skills in commercial cookery can work anywhere from the local pub to top international restaurants.
Melbourne Polytechnic's Cookery courses are the ideal entry point for people wanting a career in cookery, catering and bakery.
Many prestigious awards and competitions have been won by Melbourne Polytechnic apprentices:
- Australian Culinary Federation Chef of the Year 2012
- Word Skills National Finals – Victorian Finalist 2012
- Australian TAFE Individual Cookery Competition State Final 2012
- Overall Winner – Les Toques Blanches Awards of Excellence 2012
- Victorian Culinary Challenge – Junior Chef of the Year 2012
- Savour Australia Restaurant and Catering Awards, Training Restaurant of the Year 2012 – St George's Restaurant.
The Melbourne Polytechnic Commercial Cookery division's unique philosophy of 'training in partnership with industry' enables our team to offer the most extensive range of cookery training options in Australia.
The department participates in major events such as:
- the Spring Racing Carnival
- the Grand Prix.
Training facilities include:
- Our award winning training restaurant, St Georges, an 80-seat fine dining facility at Preston
- The Apprentice Restaurant at Prahran
- commercial-standard kitchens
- a new bread baking training facility
- change rooms and lockers.
Melbourne Polytechnic teaching staff are experienced and current practitioners. Our training expertise has been recognised by the high calibre of our industry partners. Melbourne Polytechnic's Hospitality and Tourism department has ongoing support and sponsorship from a number of large and highly-regarded companies.
|Certificate II in Kitchen Operations - VETiS|
Heat up your career in the commercial cooking industry with our Certificate II in Kitchen Operations, offered through the Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Schools (VETiS) program.
|Certificate III in Commercial Cookery|
Are you interested in carving a career in the thriving hospitality scene? Food is a necessity of life and people with skills in Commercial Cookery can work anywhere from the local pub to top international restaurants and hotels. If you want to gain skills in the culinary industry, our popular Certificate III in Commercial Cookery is the right choice for you.
|Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery|
Are you an aspiring head chef or restaurant owner? Our Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery provides the ingredients and techniques you need to cook up a tantalizing career.
Maintained by Web Developer and Administrator, M&CC.
Last Modified: 8th December 2017