Melbourne Polytechnic's Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits will provide you with excellent, all-round product knowledge of wine and spirits. Equally suitable for the wine enthusiast, this is a globally recognised course taught in over 60 countries.
Course Code: SPI002
Looking to become a bartender?
Already working in the retail wine trade?
Or just a hard core wine enthusiast?
Get the inside edge with the globally recognised Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits.
Developed in London as a trade level wine and spirit qualification, Melbourne Polytechnic is an Approved Program Provider.
DepartmentAGRICULTURE AND LAND MANAGEMENT
Total Hours: 16
- How wine is made and other factors influencing the style of wine
- Key white grape varieties
- Key black grape varieties
- Wine producing regions of the world
- Sparkling wines
- Sweet and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine matching
- How to taste wine, using the Level 2 systematic approach to tasting
- Trade level all-round product knowledge of principal wine varieties
- Food and wine pairing techniques
- Production methods and styles
- Knowledge and understanding of factors affecting style, quality and price
- Upon successful completion, participants will be issued a Level 2 Award Certificate and lapel pin by the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET)
Related CoursesWSET LEVEL 3 AWARD IN WINES
Recognising OrganisationsWine and Spirit Education Trust
- Wine and spirit sales staff
- Cellar door hands
- Restaurant owners, bar tender or wait staff
- Wine marketers and distributors
- Wine enthusiasts
No government funding or concession applies.
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies