Are your portable electrical appliances and extension leads safe? If you need to be able to correctly test and tag portable electrical equipment, Melbourne Polytechnic’s Testing and Tagging course covers the principle requirements specified in Australian Standard AS/NZS 3760:2010 and AS/NZS 3012.
Course Code: SET015
Many electrical accidents have been caused by damaged portable appliances and extension cords. Melbourne Polytechnic’s Testing and Tagging of Portable Electrical Appliances short course teaches techniques for making portable electrical appliances and extension leads safe. It will provide you with skills for in-service inspection and testing, plus cost-effective approaches to safety without excessive equipment downtime or jeopardising personnel safety.
For additional information on this short course and other courses associated with electrical certificates or upskill, please contact Melbourne Polytechnic’s Engineering Department.
Each student enrolled in nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to access all academic transcripts and qualifications. Melbourne Polytechnic cannot issue you with a Statement of Results, Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you provide your personal USI. Click here to be issued with your personal USI and bring this along when you enrol.
Total Hours: 16
- personal safety
- basic electrical terminology
- Australian/New Zealand standard AS/NZS 3760 and AS/NZS 3012
- inspecting and testing equipment
- tagging and document control
- insulation resistance and continuity test
- using the Insulation Resistance and Continuity Tester and the Portable Appliance Tester
- At the end of the course, successful candidates will receive a Statement of Attainment for: UEENEEP026A Conduct in service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies.
Recognising OrganisationsEnergy Safe Victoria, National
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies