Melbourne Polytechnic Tertiary Advantage course is an introduction to higher education academic skills.
Course Code: SPP031
This course is designed to deliver higher education academic skills to students in Years 11 and 12 at secondary schools to assist the student to improve their writing and research skills and to better prepare them for engagement with higher education learning after the VCE. This course is also relevant for mature students prior to their enrolment into a higher education as in Diploma, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree course at Melbourne Polytechnic to prepare you with the academic skills required for tertiary education.
DepartmentBridging and Prep
Total Hours: 10
- Academic and professional written literacy skills
- Writing summaries, paraphrasing and referencing conventions
- Finding and engaging with scholarly and popular sources
- Analysing text and recognising written argument
- Upon completion of the course, you will be better prepared to pathway into a diploma or higher education course.
- Students in Year 11 and 12, mature students seeking to gain entry into a Bachelor degree course or pre-entry course such as the Diploma of Tertiary Studies.
No government funding or concession applies.
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies