This program has been identified by the Education Department as a professional development opportunity for teachers and staff working with children in school environments.
Course Code: SEED009
This program will provide you with the introductory skills and knowledge required to working with students that have a recognised disability.
This program can contribute to the professional development requirements for VIT registration.
Total Hours: 18
- Enables participants to explore the issues facing students with disabilities
- Understand the application of policy and legal requirements when supporting students with disabilities
- Particiapants will learn the effects a disability can have on a student learning outcomes.
- Participants will cover situations of risk to students with disabilities
- Anayse the impact of their own attitude on working with students with disabilities
- How to support student' rights interest and needs within an education team
- This program will provide the skills and knowledge in CHCEDS016 Supporting Learning for Students with Disabilities in a classroom environment, but does not include certification for this competency. Certification can be applied for through RPL.
- This program can contribute to the professional development requirements for VIT registration.
- School and kindergarten teachers and education support workers.
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies