Whilst this unit “Supporting Additional Needs in a Classroom” will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to support students with additional needs, it has been identified by the Education Department as a professional development opportunity for teachers and staff working with children in school environments.
Course Code: SEED003
This module will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to support students with additional needs within a mix of abilities and needs.
Total Hours: 18
- Explore the strategies used to support students with additional needs.
- Look at strategies for supporting individuals with the use of language, equipment and other materials to suit individuals.
- Identify the role and purpose of individual education programs in group settings and contribute to learning opportunities.
- Participants will cover classroom support strategies and how to develop modification when needed.
- The program will provide the skills and knowledge in CHCEDS018 Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment, but does not include certification for this competency. Certification can be applied for through RPL.
- This module can contribute to the professional development requirements for VIT registration.
- School and kindergarten teachers and education support workers
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies and if this changes in the future we'll wear the cost of changing it back.