Melbourne Polytechnic is offering the Registered Electrical Contractor (REC) short course, for participants wishing to be registered as an Electrical Contractor.
Course Code: SCE061
The course includes applying knowledge of business practices, technical regulations and standards, legislated obligations in relation to safety, the environment, heritage sites, employment and human resources.
Total Hours: 32
- General feel of small business in the market place.
- Business structure and OHS
- Business planning, understanding business plans and cash projections
- Business planning and Manpower planning, Legal aspect of being an REC. Understanding the concepts of tenders.
- Marketing and developing marketing plans
- Accounting, Accounting structures
- Accounting records Business plans and cash flows
- Tax and Introduction to GST. Completing Business Activity Statement
- Topics covered will provide you with the knowledge and skills to ensure regulatory, technical, and occupational and workplace relations requirements are met in conducting a contracting business.
- Statement of Results with the following State accredited unit will be issued:
- VU21527 – Conduct an electrical contracting business
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies