03 9269 8615
Total Hours: 40
- basic telephony and sound characteristics
- switching systems overview
- regulatory framework 2 – standards and regulations
- telecommunication cabling installation
- At the end of the course, successful candidates will receive a Statement of Attainment for:
- ICTCBL2137B Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling; ACMA Open Rule
- On successful completion of this course participants will be able to meet the requirements of the ACMA and be eligible to apply for open cabling registration. This statement is recognised by all Registrars for Open Cabling Registration.
- Under the ACA’s Cabling Provider Rules, these certificates are recognised by all ACA Registrars for Open Registration Cabling.
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies
Please bring a copy of the Australian Standards AS/CA S009:2013 and AS/CA S008:2010. These can be downloaded from www.commsalliance.com.au
or Melbourne Polytechnic library as a free download.
You need to be a qualified electricians, carrier-trained technicians/lines persons (i.e. Telstra) or other persons with equivalent qualifications who have an aggregated 360 hours of relevant cabling experience.
Relevant cabling experience means experience in installing telecommunications, electrical, data security alarm, fire alarm or lift cables.
If you don’t fall within any of these categories you will require an assessment by a workplace/RPL assessor to determine other modules required to meet ACA Open Registration competency standards.
Consultancy - Training can be offered on-site or off-site