Melbourne Polytechnic's mouth-watering short course, Introduction to Winemaking, guides students through the basics of the winemaking process.
Course Code: SAH019
The course will commence with an overview of grape composition and wine styles and follow the process of wine production, from crushing the fruit to bottling the wine.
DepartmentAgriculture and Animal Studies
Total Hours: 24
- Introduction to wine styles and grape composition
- Crushing and pressing operations
- Basic juice and wine analyses
- Fermentation and alcohol production
- Sulphur dioxide and other gases
- Basic tastes and assessing wine quality; wine faults
- Oak use
- Filtration and bottling
- Participants will gain the skills and knowledge to make a batch of wine from harvest to bottling, including basic juice and wine analysis.
- Home winemaker
- Industry supplier
- Vineyard owner who sells their grapesSpecialist wine sales staff
- Participant wishing to have greater knowledge of winemaking process
No government funding or concession applies.
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies