Melbourne Polytechnic's perfectly dry but never droll short course, Introduction to Waterproofing, provides the knowledge and therefore confidence and skills to undertake basic waterproofing for internal wet areas.
Course Code: SBU067
Every house with rising damp will thank you once you have completed this practical, useful short course on waterproofing for internal wet areas. The course provides a basic introduction to identifying trouble areas, the tools you will need, and what are acceptable industry standards.
- tools and equipment
- selection of materials
- surface and substrate preparations
- liquid applied waterproof membrane systems
- industry standards and Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
On completion of this course, participants will have the ability to:
- identify and use basic waterproofing tools and equipment
- identify various materials required to waterproof internal wet areas
- understand correct preparation techniques for various surfaces and substrates
- understand and apply liquid membrane systems to internal wet areas
- use all specified materials and steps in accordance with system specifications
- ensure completed waterproofing systems are checked and protected to acceptable industry standards
For further information on the Introduction to Waterproofing short course and for course dates, please email the department, ua.ud1480823889e.cin1480823889hcety1480823889lopen1480823889ruobl1480823889em@gn1480823889ifoor1480823889preta1480823889w1480823889 or call (03) 9269 8615
Course Cancellation or Postponement
Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.