Melbourne Polytechnic Introduction to singing Blues and Jazz course is designed for people who wish to learn how to sing in the jazz and blues idioms.
Course Code: SPA088
This short course is an introduction into the art of singing blues and jazz, before individually performing classic blues and jazz standards with supportive and positive feedback.
Total Hours: 12
- Week 1 - an overview of the history of gospel, blues and jazz
- Week 2 - vocal health and warm up routines, exploring anatomy
- Week 3 - the connection between correct breathing and phrasing
- Week 4 - rhythm, lyric interpretation
- Week 5 - vocal techniques
- Week 6 - pre performance nerves and stagecraft.
Related CoursesFUNDAMENTALS OF SINGING
- Anyone who would like to learn and improve singing blues and jazz.
No government funding or concession applies.
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies