This practical course will show you the important steps you need to know about making sure that your bees and beehive is happy and healthy.
Course Code: SOH052
This course is designed to show you how to make sure that your bee hive is happy and healthy and will show you the important steps you need to know about what bees need and want to keep them happy.
The trainer is a member of the Beekeeping State Quarantine Response Team with the Victorian Government.
DepartmentHorticulture and Landscaping
Total Hours: 16
- Open and reassemble a beehive
- Re-queen a honey colony
- Manage pest and disease within a honey bee colony
- Using a bee smoker
- Remove a honey crop from a hive
- Best practices of looking after a bee hive
- Maintaining a healthy bee hive
- Extracting honey from a hive
Related CoursesBackyard Beekeeping
- Participants wishing to introduce a hive into their garden
- Small scale bee keeper
- Interested hobby gardeners
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies and if this changes in the future we'll wear the cost of changing it back.