Melbourne Polytechnic training program, offers participants with disabilities and/or learning difficulties will have an opportunity for participants to work together in a project based setting to enhance skills in cleaning and maintaining kitchen and equipment, hygiene and food safety, basic food preparation and venue set up.
Course Code: SWE013
This program meets the needs of participants with learning needs and intellectual disabilities by expanding their experiences through hands on and project based learning. The course provides a ‘taster’ into the hospitality industry with the option of undertaking accredited course on completion. Introduction to Hospitality will give participants an insight into the hospitality industry and work opportunities.
Total Hours: 4
- Topics include:
- Identifying different types of appropriate workplace communication
- Participate in group discussions and activities
- Learning to work in a team
- Rights & responsibilities of employees & employers
- Learning the difference between positive & negative criticism
- Develop skills in this industry
- Learn about different jobs in this industry
- Use various equipment
- Problem solving
- Participate in a range of routine and predictable hospitality work activities
- Participants will gain skills and knowledge for working in the hospitality industry
- People with learning needs
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies and if this changes in the future we'll wear the cost of changing it back.