Learn how to build a plaster wall and ceiling with this practical, hands-on short course at Melbourne Polytechnic. The course will help you develop knowledge, skills and practical proficiency in installing plasterboard, in only four sessions!
Course Code: SBU065
On completion of Melbourne Polytechnic’s How to Build a Plaster Well and Ceiling short course, you will be able to:
- identify tools and equipment
- demonstrate the safe and effective use of all tools and equipment
- identify plasterboard products
- apply plasterboard products to straight walls, ceilings and internal and external corners
- trowel plasterboard products to ceilings and walls, and
- install basic cornices
Topics during the course, include:
- surface preparation
- plasterboard products
Participants will need to wear work clothing, protective equipment (work boots, protective eye glasses, ear plugs and dust mask), and also bring a pen and notebook.
4 x 4 hour sessions
The How to Build a Plaster Wall and Ceiling short course is running every Tuesday evening with the night class group. Commencing 4 October.
For further information, please contact Short Courses and Future Students on 03 9269 8615, or by email.
Course Cancellation or Postponement
Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.