03 9269 8615
Total Hours: 24
- Making basic setting equipment/tools
- Stone setting (rub over, claw, channel and gypsy setting)
- Completed rings are retained by participants
- A Certificate of Completion will be issued to successful participants at the conclusion of the course.
- Professional jewellers and jewellery students who wish to enhance their skills in setting gemstones.
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash/Debit Card - paid in person at any of the campuses or the job and skills centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies
Please bring a pencil, fine tip permanent marker, notebook, non-synthetic apron and safety glasses.
Participants are to bring all relevant jewellers tools including: suitable tool box, gem stone tweezers, jewellers loupe x 10 magnification, ring clamp, wax stick for stones, saw frame, saw blades 2/0, 4/0 (some blades), drills 1.00mm, burs – various ball burs would assist, emery sticks – triangular and flat, emery paper – 400, 600, 1000, pliers – parallel, bench files – 150mmx18mm – Half round, fine and course, needle files 2nd cut-set.
Participants will be issued with silver rings, synthetic gemstones and a series of drills and burs so they can practice learnt techniques during the course.
Participants must have prior fabrication skills and experience in the use of jewellery hand tools and/or equipment.
Consultancy - Training can be offered on-site or off-site