Melbourne Polytechnic's Food Safety Supervisors short course will take you through the role of Food Safety Supervisor in your workplace and assist you in implementing the food safety plan required by your local council
Course Code: 29FOO
DepartmentHospitality Conference Centre Restaurant and Café
Total Hours: 7
- Understanding federal, state and local government food safety legislations
- How to calibrate use and clean a temperature probe
- Responsibility of a food safety supervisor
- Consequences of failure to observe food safety policies and procedures
- Risk of harm to high risk customer groups
- Food safety programs
- Hazard analysis
- Critical control points
- Record Keeping (food safety records)
- Upon successful completion of this nationally recognised unit of competency participants will be issued a Statement of Attainment for:
- SITXFSA201 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash/Debit Card - paid in person at any of the campuses or the job and skills centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies
Assessment MethodsAssessments include workplace assignment, completed workplace food safety records and a third party report.
PrerequisitesSITXFSA101 Use Hygiene Practices for Food Safety – a copy of this certificate must be provided with the enrolment form. PLEASE NOTE To successfully complete this course you are required to have access to a fully equipped industry food preparation environment, such as a commercial kitchen or food outlet using a range of equipment.
Workplace TrainingConsultancy - Training can be offered on-site or off-site
Course Cancellation or PostponementCourses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.
Students may be eligible for Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.