Have you ever needed to understand farm chemicals? Melbourne Polytechnic is offering the Farm Chemical Users Course’s that will assist you meet the essential requirements to acquire an Agricultural Chemical User’s Permit (ACUP).
Course Code: SOH027
Our course has been designed for farm owners or fam labourers that are needing to understand farm chemicals, this course offers core units which are an essential requirement to acquire an Agriculture Chemical Users Permit (ACUP) in the primary industries. Users of agricultural chemicals are required to hold an ACUP permit for application of: schedule 7 agricultural chemicals; certain ester herbicide formulations; atrazine soil residual herbicide. Further, it is most advisable that agricultural chemical users are familiar with legislation relating to off-label use, pesticide drift, record keeping and Chemical Control Areas. Calibration of spray equipment is an essential facet of the course.
Each student enrolled in nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to access all academic transcripts and qualifications. Melbourne Polytechnic cannot issue you with a Statement of Results, Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you provide your personal USI. Click here to be issued with your personal USI and bring this along when you enrol.
DepartmentHorticulture and Landscaping
Total Hours: 14
- Chemical standards and regulations
- Chemical selection, application and storage
- Chemical chemistry, mixing ratios and requirements
- Chemical selection
- Calibration of application equipment
- Testing and validation of results
- Completion of forms and requests to process each licence.
- Participants will gain skills and knowledge to understand the rules regarding the selection of chemicals, appropriate storage and handling of the chemicals, mixing and calibration of the chemicals and the effective application of such.
- Units of competencies:
- AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
- AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals
- Farm Owners
- Farm Labourers
- Participants wanting Chemical knowledge
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies