Melbourne Polytechnic's practical short course on Estimating Costing and Contracting for the Building Industry provides industry beginners with confidence to value and quote work. The course has been designed to give participants the knowledge and skills to estimate, cost and contract the building of a domestic dwelling.
Course Code: SBU032
Do you want to get into construction and win the business? This great short course provides the basic tools and skills to get you started with estimating, costing and contracting for the building industry.
- the domestic dwelling plan
- construction of a dwelling
- estimating and costing techniques
- contracting mechanisms
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- cost a domestic dwelling
- identify traders required for constructing a domestic dwelling
- describe the process for providing specialised contracting services
- use a computerised estimating package
- apply estimating techniques
- apply appropriate contacting mechanisms
For any additional information, please contact a Melbourne Polytechnic Education and Career Advisor (ECA), on 03 9269 8620 / 03 9269 8615, or by email.
Course Cancellation or Postponement
Courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or delayed. You will be notified of this 48 hours prior to course commencement.