Become a part of this ever–growing industry responsible for the supply of most of the world’s food needs. Get an insight into this expanding industry and see how many developments that have and are being made.
Course Code: SOH036
The course covers an overview of major aspects of Commercial Hydroponic production using the latest technologies and methods. Our qualified and industry experienced teacher will guide you through the learning enabling you to get a better insight into a career in this emergent trade.
Experts in the hydroponic crop production trade are highly sought after as farming specialist’s and organisations look for professionals to excel in future methods to sustain our crops
Each student enrolled in nationally recognised training will need a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to access all academic transcripts and qualifications. Melbourne Polytechnic cannot issue you with a Statement of Results, Statement of Attainment or qualification unless you provide your personal USI. Click here to be issued with your personal USI and bring this along when you enrol.
DepartmentHorticulture and Landscaping
Total Hours: 45
- Topics include:
- overview of the industry;
- crop selection;
- hydroponic systems;
- growing structures and location; pest and diseases;
- plant nutrition and requirements;
- visit a series of commercial hydroponic crop production facilities.
- Upon conclusion of this short course you will have gained knowledge and hands on experience of the Commercial Hydroponic industry
- Participants interested in the industry
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies