Are you keeping bees on your property? Join our unique Backyard Beekeeping short course to ensure you are getting the best from your bees whilst keeping your neighbours safe.
Course Code: SOH053
Many beekeepers have beehives in their backyards, some are even on rooftops and the bees travel for kilometres to collect nector and pollen.
City beekeepers need to take special care so that their bees do not become a nuisance to other neighbours, learn how to take care of the hives so that the neighbours feel safe and comfortable in their own yards.
DepartmentHorticulture and Landscaping
Total Hours: 16
- Manage honey bee swarms
- Use a bee smoker
- Open and reassemble a beehive
- Construct and repair beehives
- Beehive planning
- Manipulate honey bee brood
- Managing the swarming
- Maintaining the hive
- Manipulating the brood
- Being a good neighbour with bees
Related CoursesIntroduction To Beekeeping
- Aspiring beekeepers wanting to introduce a beehive into their garden
- Small scale beekeeper
- Hobby gardeners
No concession or government funding applies
- Cash - paid in person at any campus or a Skills and Jobs Centre
- Credit Card
- Invoice - paid by the company or job agencies and if this changes in the future we'll wear the cost of changing it back.