- Council operators
- Participants wanting to gain knowledge and skills to operate a chainsaw safely.
- Farm or home owners
- Handy person
- People from the Horticulture and Aboriculture industries needing to upgrade their skills
- Describe how a chainsaw can be operated safely
- Dismantle, clean and reassemble
- Select correct chain bar and chain
- Correctly adjust and sharpen a chain
- Start, stop and apply emergency chain brake
- Determine a safe working zone
- Cut the logs and limbs in an appropriate and correct manner
Participants will gain the skills and knowledge to be able to operate and maintain a chainsaw safely
Assessment:Practical and written assessment is to be completed in order to obtain a Statement of Attainment
This course consists of the following units of competency:
- AHCMOM213 Operate and Maintain Chainsaws
A Statement of Attainment will be issued at the conclusion of the course.
Completion of this Unit of Competency, will earn you credits towards some Nationally Recognised qualification courses.
RequirementsNo prior knowledge or experience required.
All participants are to wear:
- Long sleeve top
- Long pants
- Steel capped boots
- Protective glasses (wrap around the eyes)
- NO shorts