- Participants wanting to serve food in the hospitality industry and retail sectors
- Participants working in the hospitality industry and retail sectors
- Food safety legislation
- Responsibility of a food handler
- Responsibility of business/organisations
- Food safety programs
- Personal hygiene
- Food poisoning
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Temperature danger zone
- Cross contamination
- Cleaning and sanitation
- Food storage
- Food preparation
- Pest control
Participants will gain the skills and knowledge required to apply good food hygiene practices within the hospitality and retail sectors.
This course consists of the following units of competency:
- SITXFSA001 Use Hygiene Practices for Food Safety
A Statement of Attainment will be issued at the conclusion of the course.
- A good understanding of written and spoken English is required to undertake this course
- No prior knowledge or experience required.